11 cool stickers you can use on your Instagram stories
When you share a photo or video to your story, you can add stickers to express yourself in fun and unique ways.
From your story, tap to add stickers. From there, you can:
- Add a chat sticker to start a conversation in a new Direct thread with a group of friends. You can edit the text of the sticker to name the chat, and your friends can tap the sticker in your story to request to join the chat. You can see which friends requested to join and choose who you want to start the chat with. You can add or remove people from the chat and end the conversation at any time.
- Add a donation sticker to allow people to donate to a nonprofit that you care about. After you select the donation sticker, you can select the nonprofit you want to raise money for and customize the name of your fundraiser. When people see your donation sticker in your story, they can tap Donate to donate to your selected nonprofit. Swipe up on your story to see the total amount raised and donations by username.
- Add a quiz sticker to write your own multiple-choice question and customize the answers. People can respond by tapping an option you’ve provided. Once published, your followers can vote and learn whether they got it right. When you view your story and swipe up, you can see how many votes each option received and how each person voted.
- Add a countdown sticker to count down to any moment. After you select the countdown sticker, you can tap to customize the name, date and time, and color (by tapping the color picker). When followers see your countdown sticker in your story, they can tap the arrow in the corner of the sticker to remind them or share your countdown to their story. When the countdown ends, you and everyone who turned on reminders for your countdown will receive a notification.
- Add a questions sticker so people can ask you a question or send you a song. First tap the questions sticker and then select to let people ask you a question, or tap to let people send you a song. People can tap the sticker in your story, then type a question to ask you or send you a song. When you view your own story and swipe up, you can see who responded. Tap a response from someone to share it. Keep in mind that when you share someone’s question or song, their photo and username won’t be shown.
- Add a music sticker and search for a song. If lyrics are available for the song you select, you can choose different fonts and designs for them, and you can edit which part of the song you want to play. When someone watches your story, they can tap the lyrics to learn more about the artist or listen to more of the song.
- Add a poll sticker or emoji slider sticker to write your own question and customize the answers. People can respond by tapping an option you’ve provided or sliding the emoji you’ve chosen. Once published, your followers can vote and see realtime results. When you view your story and swipe up, you can see how many votes each option received and how each person voted.
- Add a location sticker by searching for or selecting nearby options. When people see your story, they’ll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for that location.
- Add a hashtag sticker. When people see your story, they’ll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for the hashtag you enter.
- Add a current time or weather sticker. These stickers are based on information from your device and your current location.
- Add a selfie sticker by tapping and taking a photo. You can tap the sticker for more options.
If you’re not seeing certain stickers on Instagram, make sure your app is updated to the latest version by visiting the App Store or Google Play Store. Keep in mind that not all stickers are available to everyone.