GIFs are a great way to engage with our communities as they’re fun and expressive. The novelty factor of this latest update is likely to increase the engagement of our posts in the short run. In the long run, GIFs are part of the internet culture and are likely to appeal to millennials and Generation Z. Similar to emoji, we expect you’ll be seeing many brands using GIFs in the near future, best to lead the way then join this trend once people are over it – eh?
How to use
1) Go to Story Camera
2) Take a photo/video or select the picture or video you want to upload.
3) Press the sticker icon on the top right (it looks like this–> ).
4) Select the GIF icon. You’ll see the full GIF directory from GIPHY.
5) Select the GIF and it will appear in your Instagram Story
6) Move, rotate and resize the GIF
7) Pin GIF stickers by adding a sticker then tapping it and holding. This will pin the sticker to a fixed space in a video